Friday, February 12, 2016

The Star


A light to steer by in the darkest night.


 Sometimes it feels as though this card is sentient! I am not exaggerating when I say that time and time again, this card comes to the top of the deck when I am wondering if I should keep up with my tarot practice, reminding me what it is I want to do with what I know after all these years of studying tarot. I feel like I have a lot to share. It is fitting that my first post after a five year absence would be the Star. Its message is the reason why I call my tarot practice 'Star Tarot'! 

The Star signifies hope, healing and inspiration.  It urges our spirit to reach for our highest level of consciousness where the very best of humanity dwells. It reminds us that even in our darkest times, there is always something to lead us up and out of the murk. It is the promise that everything is going to be okay, you will somehow make it through and in the passing you will have a sense of wholeness and healing.  Sometimes the light is so tiny we fail to notice its quiet presence but then suddenly, it shines out so brightly we wonder why we didn't see it all along.  It's the lightness of being when someone says "I can help" and you suddenly don't feel quite so alone.  It's the calm you feel when the worst is over and you realize you survived and you are a better person for it. It's the inspiration to share that experience with others so they may have a light to guide them.  That's the really awesome thing about the Star. When you share the hope, love and healing it inspires, its light just gets brighter and brighter.

Is there something you feel hopeless about in your life? Can you find even the tiniest Star in this darkness? What has given you hope in the dark times of the past?
 How can you be Star for someone who is struggling? Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment