Monday, February 7, 2011

King of Swords

                     Take the emotion out of your observations today and think before you speak.

     I am an emotional person. Most of the time, my first impressions are emotionally based and sometimes have mislead me into believing something that just wasn't true. How many times have I made a decision only to regret it later after careful thought? I'm embarrassed to say.  But for today, I will try to see the world objectively rather than subjectively. I confess that sometimes I pretend I'm in a movie or on the Holodeck on the Enterprise (giant nerd, I know; this amuses Stephanie very much) because if I imagine that I'm in a story then I can see a lot more of what is outside my head. Weird, right? But it works! By taking my emotional self out of the scene I can see what's going on for everyone else and then I feel like I can be a better judge of the situation. And that is what the King of Swords is about.
     Have you jumped to the wrong conclusions because you didn't see all aspects of the situation? Have you reacted to a moment in a way that you later regretted because you didn't think it through? Sharing sometimes makes it better, so let me know what faux pas you have committed by jumping the gun. What tricks do you have to keep yourself from making them again?

No comments:

Post a Comment