Friday, February 4, 2011

Two of Pentacles

                                          TGIF! Fill your day with laughter, fun and friends.

     We mostly learn or life lessons during challenging times but this card suggests there is also a lot to learn during fun times, if only we pay close attention. I don't normally take the time to think about what's going on when I'm enjoying myself, I'm too busy having fun! But I always look back on those times and think "Man, I wish I could feel like that all the time." Full of good humour, light of spirit, not a care in the world. There's no reason that I can't be like that in stressful times as well if only I can keep myself from switching into stress mode. Lately, during those challenging times, I have asked myself " What would Ricky do?" as in Ricky Gervais. In all the interviews I have seen him do, he always seems to be in such good spirits, seeing the world as one big, absurd comedy sketch. And when you come to think of it, it really kind of is.  I have, in the past, thought that if I was watching my life on a sitcom, I'd be laughing my ass off. It helped me put things into perspective and took the tension right of the situation. So, if you do nothing else today, just have a laugh at yourself. It'll do you good.

No comments:

Post a Comment