Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Seven of Wands

                                    Fight the good fight. Stand up for what you believe in.

     You know when someone or something stands in your way, tells you that you can't or won't and you get all "oh, bring it on, baby". That is the seven of wands. There a kind of perverse enjoyment in the energy of fighting for what you truly believe in and knowing that you can't lose. Often, for me anyway, that someone or something is that bitch who lives in my head. I'll get the notion to do something empowering and she'll try to talk me out of it. She'll get all whiny "but you're just a weak woman, you can't do that, why bother when its all going to hell anyway, you're too old, blah, blah, blah" I have decided that I'm going to give all those ideas a good go and I really don't give a crap anymore if they work out or not. I have finally clued in to the wisdom of "It's not the destination but the journey that's important." What you learn along the way, about yourself and your world, that's what's important. TO REALLY LIVE (I've hit the caps button by accident but it feels right so I'm leaving it that way). Yes, TO REALLY LIVE, to participate in life, to be engaged, to fight mediocrity with confidence and gusto. And sure, I'm a little bit scared but the alternative is to sit on my butt and slowly fade away. So, bring it on, baby and get out of my way!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment