Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Four of Pentacles

            
                 Too much emotional attachment to material things leads to hoarding. Time to purge!

     Just yesterday I was looking at all the clothes in my closet that I don't wear and thinking I really should do something about it. After watching a couple of shows on hoarding I realized that I have a touch of the craziness that grips a hoarder. All the lovely things that no longer fit me properly (but when I lose those pounds I can wear them again! rrriigghhttt...) I have stuff I haven't worn in years! And don't even get me started in my studio with my bins full of supplies (for all those unfinished projects I talked about yesterday). So I am making myself this promise, that I will get rid of all the crap I've been hanging on to. I've done this a few times in my life when downsizing my homes and it is surprisingly refreshing to let go of stuff. It feels good to make space, to get organized, to let go. If I look at the whole picture it can be overwhelming so I just do one closet at a time, one dresser, one bin. If I haven't seen it for a while then it can't be too important to me, right? So out it goes!
     What are you hanging on to that you should let go of? What would happen if you let it go? What's stopping you? And it doesn't always have to be some thing; it could be an idea, a situation, a person, a label, an attitude. Where are the garbage bags?

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about purging some stuff as well. I need to make room for my therapy practice. Time to get rid of the cupboard of crap in the kitchen and move the deep freeze into that space. One step at a time. Thinking small makes the large job easier.

    ReplyDelete